Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: coproc tutorial (Re: questions)
- X-seq: zsh-users 2672
- From: Thomas Köhler <jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: coproc tutorial (Re: questions)
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:42:42 +0200
- In-reply-to: <199910120653.IAA03827@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 08:53:29AM +0200
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <199910120653.IAA03827@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 08:53:29AM +0200,
Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thomas Koehler wrote:
> > > 3.1.6-pws-something (at least the latest pws-6) has Functions/Misc/nslookup
> > > which uses `vared' to read the user input, thus allowing command line
> > > editing. Together with the new completion system this function will
> > > also give you completion *inside* nslookup (and not only nslookup's
> > > arguments).
> > Now this is really cool... how do I enable this? :-)
> Well, new style completion with the usual call to `compinit' (after
> autoloading and things), and then just make `nslookup' autoloaded and
> call it. For my version of `nslookup' here, it works, but as Bart
> mentioned in 2668, it doesn't work everywhere (and I don't feel like
> spending more time trying to improve the beast, it was mainly a hack
> to show how the `compcontext' parameter can be used).
Ah. OK, tried it now, but it doesn't work: nslookup on my machine
(Debian GNU/Linux) won't work as a coprocess (has this to do with the
fact that it refuses to read from stdin?). Bad luck here...
> > > To workers: seems like noone found this interesting enough to improve
> > > the code I hacked up. Maybe sometime we could write a generic function
> > > for this task...
> > Allowing completion from within all stdin/stdout-bound programs?
> > ncftp -L is a candidate here, amongst others...
> ;-) there are may of them...
Thomas Köhler Email: jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | LCARS - Linux for
<>< WWW: http://home.pages.de/~jeanluc/ | Computers on All
IRC: jeanluc | Real Starships
PGP public key: http://www.mayn.de/users/jean-luc/PGP-Public.asc
Messages sorted by: