Re: "rehash" each time a new program is installed?

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 15,  6:57pm, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> } Oh, and a last one ;) Is it possible to "fignore" a file except when
> } it's the only completion candidate (considering the typed string e.g.)?
>
> That should happen already:

There's a problem with this in the new completion system (which I
complained about quite a while ago).  Fignore works with the old
completion code, but the new system will never complete a file name
in the fignore list.  An example of doing both:

    % zsh -f
    % fignore=( .bak )
    % touch test1 test1.bak
    % ls test1.<TAB>

This results in the expected test1.bak.  Now continue:

    % autoload -U compinit
    % compinit
    % zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete
    % bindkey '\t' complete-word
    % ls test1.<TAB>

It just beeps at you.  Using a wildcard will cause _expand to list the
file, but _complete totally ignores it.  Is there an option that I'm
missing?  I've tried using:

    % zstyle ':completion:*:all-files' ignored-patterns \*.bak

(instead of fignore) with the same results.

..wayne..