[4.0.2 bug] commands not written to history

I sometimes write related commands like

$ cmd1
$ cmd2

And several hours/days later, I can recall cmd1 from the history and
type ^O to recall cmd2 automatically. I don't want to do that in a
script or in a function, to have full control on these commands (and
be able to insert commands between cmd1 and cmd2 if need be).

But sometimes (difficult to say under which conditions), a copy of cmd1
had been written to the history (as expected), but there is no copy of
cmd2. That is, ^O gives me another command (instead of cmd2).

Here are my history options:

greux:~> setopt|grep hist                                             <16:29:44
extendedhistory
histignoredups
histignorespace
histnofunctions
histnostore
histreduceblanks
incappendhistory
greux:~> unsetopt|grep hist                                           <16:29:46
noappendhistory
nobanghist
cshjunkiehistory
histallowclobber
nohistbeep
histexpiredupsfirst
histfindnodups
histignorealldups
histsavenodups
histverify
sharehistory

I reported a similar problem for zsh 3.1.9 in November (message-id of
the first mail: <20001129141451.A24159@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>). And I got a
reply saying:

--------
IIRC, this bug was fixed back in July:

2000-07-17  Wayne Davison  <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        * 12265: Src/hist.c: Fixed gethistent().

In the case you cite, the gethistent() function would sometimes fail when
called from savehistfile().
--------

I don't know if this is related...

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des