Re: [4.0.2 bug] commands not written to history

On Jun 29,  4:33pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: [4.0.2 bug] commands not written to history
}
} I sometimes write related commands like
}
} $ cmd1
} $ cmd2
}
} (and be able to insert commands between cmd1 and cmd2 if need be).
}
} But sometimes (difficult to say under which conditions), a copy of cmd1
} had been written to the history (as expected), but there is no copy of
} cmd2. That is, ^O gives me another command (instead of cmd2).

And you're quite sure that you never *did* need to insert commands in
between cmd1 and cmd2, at some point in past history?

} Here are my history options:
}
} incappendhistory

Are you also sure that you've never had two shells running at the same
time, such that their incremental appends to the history might become
interleaved?