Re: I updated my zsh-configs!

Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> Get them right here!
>
> http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/configs/shellrc/

If you want, I can add a link to there from the zsh web pages (see
http://sunsite.dk/zsh/Contrib/startup/).

> Main improvement is this: Colored prompts!
>
> I think my prompts could be easily "converted" to zsh-prompt themes.
> Should I do it? Or is someone else interested in such task? It would
> be nice, if you will include my prompts to official sourcecode of Zsh.

Zsh already has a prompt theme system. Have a look in the
Functions/Prompts directory or try them out by typing this:

autoload -U promptinit
promptinit
prompt oliver

You might also want to look at Functions/Misc/colors as you seem to have
duplicated much of it.

There are certainly areas in which the current theme system can be
improved though. Use of zstyle is one. I'd like to see colour schemes
separated from but integrated with the prompt themes. I only use one
prompt (with the minor variation that it prints the user/hostname if it
is different to normal) but I use a variety of different colours (so
that I can tell terminals on different hosts apart quickly).

Oliver

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp