history-incremental-search-backward with a twist

Greetings,

What would I have to do if I wanted to have commands that work just
like history-incremental-search-{forward,backward} but consider
only history elements that start with what is written on the
command line at the time of invocation of such a searching command?
That is, if I say...

scp -r ssdlkjsd foo:<RET>
echo foo<RET>
scp^Rfoo

...with such a modified history-incremental-search-backward command
bound to ^R, I'd like it to find that first line immediately and
not "echo foo" which is what current
history-incremental-search-backward would find.

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail