Re: Please remove this spamming asshole <moonjh1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The spams getting through seem to be mostly just those with charsets of
euc-kr, ks_c_5601-1987 and GB2312 and content-types of text/html. So I
spoke to Karsten again about filtering these. He then "grep'ed quite a
bit in many list archives" and found no messages where content-type is
text/html. I can confirm that this is also true for all messages in the
zsh archives. So Karsten is now blocking those.

Does anyone have any objections? Or has anyone identified anything
better to filter those messages on? I seem to remember reading somewhere
recently about hotmail now sending messages as text/html by default
which might make the filter a bit excessive.

I would welcome both the loss of the spam and unecessary bloating of my
mail from text/html messages. Are the hotmail mesages multipart/alternative
with text/html and text/plain versions and if so, can't the mail filter
reformat the message into just text/plain (I know there are external programs
like reformime that can).

There are plenty of XXXX->html converters for all sorts of doc types but I'm
not aware of a html->text converter - everyone seems hellbent on producing
html even if just to be able to print the heading in *boldface*.

Cosmo