Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: delete-word does not delete the entire word...
- X-seq: zsh-users 6691
- From: DervishD <raul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: delete-word does not delete the entire word...
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:57:32 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <1031011210014.ZM13588@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Pleyades
- References: <20031011121052.GA5092@DervishD> <1031011173654.ZM13301@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20031011195149.GA22610@DervishD> <1031011210014.ZM13588@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Bart :)
* Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> } Maybe, I don't really know. I don't feel like telling what I
> } think about vi or emacs, but when documentation say 'word' I assume
> } 'entire word', not 'from cursor position to...' ;))
> What you're missing is that the documentation nearly always is expressed
> in terms of character positions, not semantic buffer contents.
That's the problem, maybe: I haven't understood that from the
documentation. I mean, the docs talks about LBUFFER, RBUFFER, cursor
positions, etc... when talking about zle widgets, for example, but
doesn't say explicitly (I think, I haven't read the entire
documentation) that a word is not a semantic entity but just the
buffer contents from the cursor position to the next word boundary.
That's why I asked.
I must confess that before asking I did a search on the mailing
list archives, and didn't found anyone asking anything similar. That
should be a clue for me that the problem was entirely mine. Maybe if
I had used more word-commands in my favourite editor or in my
ocassional uses of vi, I would have been less surprised with the way
of working of zle. Better luck next time :)
Thanks for your help.
Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.pleyades.net & http://raul.pleyades.net/
Messages sorted by: