Re: Completion in pwd before subdirecories

* On Sat Dec 13, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Dec 13,  4:46pm, Jesper Holmberg wrote:
> } If I now type xpdf d<tab>, zsh will suggest dir as the first completion.
>
> Are you sure this isn't happening just because zsh presents the menu in
> alphabetical order?

Yes you're right, it's the alphabetical order.

> } I would prefer it if it tried it with any file matching in the current
> } directory, before going into the sub directories. I would thus rather see
> } dota1.pdf and dota2.pdf suggested before dir, in my example.
> }
> } Is this possible?
>
> It depends on wheher you're using compsys or compctl.  Does your .zshrc
> (or the /etc/z* files, I'm not familiar with Debian) contain
>
>     autoload -U compinit
>     compinit
>
> ??  If not, you have almost no control over the sorting order.

I use compsys, with the above-mentioned lines in my .zshrc

> If you are using compsys, then the group-order style is probably what
> you want:
>
> zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
> zstyle ':completion:*' group-order files directories

I tried this, and I think I understand what it does, but it doesn't make
any difference. If I have this:

dar dir dor

where dir is a directory, typing cat <tab> still gives me dar dir dor in
that order.

Jesper