Re: PATCH: case-insensitive globbing

Peter wrote:

> There's one patch I need to get in to improve efficiency on Cygwin
> (currently the shell will try to search the entire directory for files
> since it doesn't know the OS treats all files case insensitively)
> which I'll try and do later.

It's just a thought but would it be somehow possible to detect the
filesystem type and allow the efficency gain to be of use where, for
example, a windows partition is mounted from linux.

It seems that there is a getmntent library function and we can get the
name of the filesystem. Presumably this is how find's -fstype option
works. I can't see any way of determining a filesystem's
case-sensitive/case-preserving properties but we can always have a
special array so the user just needs casefs=( vfat )

Oliver