Re: Simple Tip of the Day

On 12/3/05, zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >% cd /
> >% cd /tmp
> >% cd ~-<tab>
> >0 -- /home/mikaelh
> >1 -- /
> cd ~-<TAB> then type number of directory to cd to it!!!
>
> Superkool,
>
> but when I put this in my .zshenv it asks
>
> ignore insecure directories and files and continue [ny]?
> compinit: initialization aborted
>
> how do I get it to default to y and what does insecure in this context mean?

It means some files somewhere have the wrong permissions, ie someone
other than you and root could write to them and run arbitrary code.
Check in $PREFIX/share/zsh/* and your .z* files, they should be 644 or
so. Maybe if you run with zsh -x it will print which file it is, not
sure.

--
Mikael Magnusson