zsh versus tcsh's "complete=enhance"

Hi,

Before I switched from tcsh (used it for approximately fifteen years) to zsh,
I depended heavily on the complete=enhance setting. From tcsh(1):

    If the complete shell variable is set to enhance', completion 1) ignores
    case and 2) considers periods, hyphens and underscores (.', -' and _')
    to be word separators and hyphens and underscores to be equivalent.

For example, ~/News/c.o.l.an might expand to ~/News/Comp.os.linux.announce.
And it works on commands too: s_ad expands to ssh-add.

Zsh has the case-insensitive part of it, which is nice. How about the rest?
I googled around a bit, but I have only seen the question raised (as early
as in 1997), not answered.

And part two of the question: if it doesn't exist, and I want to hack it on
my copious spare time, where should I start? I have no problem implementing
the algorithm (string, fs) -> list of matches, but zsh is so large that I
wouldn't know where to place it. Or if it should be done in some command
language rather than C.

And by the way, thanks for a very nice interactive shell!

BR,
Jörgen
(not on the mailing lists, so I'd appreciate a Cc:)

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "Koka lopplummer, bada Ross, loppor borta."
\X/ <grahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        -- Jonas