Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: autocompletion of file url's
- X-seq: zsh-users 10573
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: autocompletion of file url's
- Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:16:06 +0100
- In-reply-to: <44D1C210.3020302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <44D11FDF.5060000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20060802223421.a65ccae4.p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <44D1C210.3020302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Nathan Haigh <n.haigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This makes it sound like there are zsh functions already in place for
> subversion, is this correct? If so, where can i find them and how do i set
> my shell up to use them as i'm pretty sure they are currently not in use on
> my debian machine.
See the zshcompsys manual page. The simple way to start is
"autoload -U compinit; compinit". The patch I posted is for the lastest
version of zsh; I've committed a change to the 4.2 branch to the archive.
You probably need at least 4.2.something for any half-way reasonable subversion
> I assume you are talking about zsh functions for subversion command
> autocompletion here? e.g. "svn che<tab>" completes to "svn checkout" -
> again, i don't think i currently have this working - how do i do this?
Once the system is installed as above, it will find completions for
> Do you mean generic URL completion for things like "file:///p<tab>"
> should already work? If so, it is not in my case - again, how can i get
> it working?
Same answer. There's just the single step for activating the entire
system. There are lots of configuration options using "zstyle", however.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
CSR PLC, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser: http://www.csr.com/email_sig.php
Messages sorted by: