Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: What was the reason for history -D not reporting runtimes?
- X-seq: zsh-users 11042
- From: "Nikolai Weibull" <now@xxxxxxxx>
- To: "Wayne Davison" <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: What was the reason for history -D not reporting runtimes?
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:46:25 +0100
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=RpXdQ1AMST91mPHKwHxtWluS7mc9Kg2q3jVNjpNntIn3zBExypy5t//WYcHZ6qCTnDAcoMzgmci9iM6/1XDzJWTFkj47jvDvjhvXDsXw/aDtpuYU+INR9S/Jt6lTDynuhJYXgDxyWDYphfLlEFE4lIYEsRin00VNKJOXWJmetaI=
- In-reply-to: <dbfc82860611270814p115da7afu3c8ada7795a03701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <dbfc82860611240516w403e14fes7ef5a8d29148512c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <17393e3e0611250841v6a5e3d73ha185b3f3b44509b9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <dbfc82860611250952w68b615ebl250e3d8ede444739@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20061127143109.GA26291@xxxxxxxxx> <dbfc82860611270814p115da7afu3c8ada7795a03701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
On 11/27/06, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/27/06, Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 06:52:50PM +0100, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> > Yes, but that I already have. The -D information somehow isn't
> > recorded. I thought it was incappendhistory that caused this, but I
> > don't have that set.
> The SHARE_HISTORY option also causes this. This is because the current
> algorithm for sharing history writes out the history lines as soon as
> you enter the command. Perhaps we should revisit the reasons for this
> design choice to see if we still agree that this is the best spot to do
> the shared/inc-append history updating.
I don't have that set either. dang...
setopt autocd \
completeinword nolistambiguous \
rcexpandparam rcquotes \
correct dvorak \
Oh boy. Turns out extendedhistory wasn't on by default like I
thought. Anyway, even with it set it doesn't work. Can appendhistory
mess it up?
Also, why isn't histsavebycopy set by default, as the documentation
suggests that it be set unless you have special needs?
Messages sorted by: