regarding login prompt

i am a BASH user who is interested in using ZSH as my daily routine
shell. this is from my "~/.bashrc"

PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '

and my BASH prompt says:  "[arnuld@arch ~] $ "

so i put that PS1 entry into my "~/.zshrc" file but when i login into
ZSH i see that prompt is simply the same as the PS1 entry  and not
like "arnuld@xxxxxxxx"

how can i have a prompt like "[arnuld@arch ~] $ " in ZSH ?

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/
-- people say RMS is arrogant and when i emailed him about some question i