Re: regarding login prompt

arnuld wrote:
> i am a BASH user who is interested in using ZSH as my daily routine
> shell. this is from my "~/.bashrc"
>
> PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '
>
> and my BASH prompt says:  "[arnuld@arch ~] $ "
>
> so i put that PS1 entry into my "~/.zshrc" file but when i login into
> ZSH i see that prompt is simply the same as the PS1 entry  and not
> like "arnuld@xxxxxxxx"
>
> how can i have a prompt like "[arnuld@arch ~] $ " in ZSH ?

See PROMPT EXPANSION in the zshmisc manual page.  The simplest answer is

but note (i) as I've written it you get a "%" rather than a "$", which
is the zsh convention (ii) this will show the entire directory path with
~ substitution and you might want e.g. only the last few segments.  The
manual will help you tailor it further.

To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview