Re: zsh on an ipod touch

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:08:39 -0800
wgscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I was delighted to see zsh is installed with the unofficial BSD subsystem hack for the ipod touch (and presumably the iphone, which I refuse to buy, since I hate telephones). Having a shell that has nice completion features augments the next to useless unix experience one can have with a keyboard in which individual keys are barely resolvable using visible-wavelength light.  Nevertheless, I thought it would be nice to have some taylor-made clever zsh shortcuts for a .zshrc file.  Has anyone made such a thing, and if not, would there be any interest in a collaborative attempt?

I'm working on a new product that is embedded and runs linux.  There might be some overlap here.

At this point I've just gotten the new system to boot, so it will be a couple of weeks before I start hacking zsh initialization files.  At that point, I'll let you know what is working well for our product and I assume you will do the same for the ipod you mentioned.

The product is called "The Bug", and you can see it at buglabs.net.  Well, you can sort of see it, as at the moment there are only two and they look very "prototypish" (which isn't even a word, but I'm sure you know what I mean).

The web site is buglabs.net, and my address there is seth@xxxxxxxxxxxx  (I'm sending this from home, hence the different address.)

--
Seth Kurtzberg <seth@xxxxxxx>
Hardware and Software Engineer