Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
detach a process and bring into GNU screen
- X-seq: zsh-users 12802
- From: Alexy Khrabrov <deliverable@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: detach a process and bring into GNU screen
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:22:54 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date:x-mailer; bh=QWCZt8AZc6GjReUBaSJCqUqOqK3Al8OX/s3erz9mD9Q=; b=wnfJ5Hr5C8z+PagDMQ3yy4tGPCUB4ZwRBRCV8EXgIFe8Sjm3N1KyCsxCmh2Zu4SFrA03W01h+wyCUG+stVdmuzRKDKMzyNqukyIwWrg37zT4rQfK9hnnVUUdAcHfVLEOseEv2Lv5ok/81iJrYTT71PS75+Vwg5dv9077n5L+HqA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date:x-mailer; b=gJNr8IBzlF5FRoS81yQqPc3mwHkmgI0/e7Qqp2yPFa/MwTGEpUwGbCiJch39vtyhp+Mk+o9L2Qkh1YT2hDWT0v7vyvc/dCw+6VEmX1iZnomSzxotlNmqHQn5CYKOaKCKsnRjUTwgEUf9riwAKqnlwdtgUcEw3wRh98fkvUPIgbk=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I have the following funny setup on my remote server with zsh: without
GNU screen, I can use LC_ALL=ru_RU.cp1251 and see all my Russian
letters OK, enter them from my Mac's iTerm app fine, grep them, etc.
However, in GNU screen, I can't enter the Cyrillics via Mac's standard
So I detach the screen to get to the bare naked zsh and do my grepping
there. Usually it's short. However, occasionally I grep through my
billion-word Russian corpus, and it takes a bit. Sitting outside GNU
screen means it's vulnerable to an accidental MacBook lid shut event.
Forgetting running naked grep in nohup with stdout redirected to a
file, I wonder whether zsh can help me to put the process into
background, detach it somehow, and reattach in a GNU screen window?
Can I play with stderr/stdout from zsh to achieve this?
Messages sorted by: