Re: strace completion (Re: grouping/joining _values)

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 08:41:54AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
[...]
> } zmodload zsh/mapfile
> } eval 'tmp=(' =(
> }   print -rn -- ${mapfile[/usr/bin/strace]//strcmp/printf}) ')
> }   chmod u+x $tmp
> }   $tmp -e $'"'%s\n'"' 2> /dev/null | sort -u'
[...]
> Clever as that seems to be, though, it doesn't work on my CentOS 4 system.
> Using "ltrace -e printf $tmp ..." without the 2> shows a bunch of printf
> calls, but none of the output ever appears.
[...]

Thanks Bart,

how disapointing. Could you please send me your binary of strace
so that I can try and understand how this can happen?

I was quite confident it would work as it worked on old RHEL
x86, new debian x86 and old Solaris sparc (with truss).

regards,
Stéphane