Re: Why does extended_history timestamp commands that are not under its 'control'?

"Richard Hartmann" wrote:
> when you setopt extended_history, ZSH will put the timestamp of when it
> exits in front of all commands that have not been timestamped, yet.
> I can see why this could be considered useful, but personally, I dislike
> this behaviour. If exact information when a command was issued is not
> available, I would rather not store this information at all. Is there a
> way to make ZSH not touch those entries?

"Not storing" and "not touching" the information are different things:
if it's not touched when written, it's simply stored as gibberish.  It
sounds like what you're asking for is an extra flag or a slightly
different variant of the format.