Re: vi mode, v launches editor

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:35:17 +0200 (CEST)
"Jerry Rocteur" <macosx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
w> 1) How do I get a complete list of key bindings that are set up in my current shell,
> perhaps if I could find this I
> would be able to find an answer quickly

You might want to use "bindkey -L" since it outputs it in the form of the
command you need to set things up again, so it's easy to grab a command for
future use.

> 2) When in vi mode and editing a line and I would like to load the whole line in vi,
> in ksh I'm used to typing v on
> the line and this loads vi with the complete line in it. With zsh nothing happens,
> I'm sure this is again something
> set up in the bindings but I've just scanned through them and can't find anything,
> I'm in vi mode and my EDITOR and
> VISUAL settings are set.

See the zshcontrib manual page: the function edit-command-line does
what you want.  zshcontrib describes a whole load of add ons that are
implemented as shell functions so aren't part of the core zle stuff.

autoload -Uz edit-command-line
zle -N edit-command-line
bindkey -M vicmd 'v' edit-command-line

By the way, if you're confused about where to look in the manual, there's
a new "zshroadmap" page that should give some pointers.

> P.S. I just got a mail from an agent looking for a build consultant and
> it is the first time I see ZSH mentioned as the skills required!

Wow, that's certainly a change.