bindkey and vi mode question

Hello,

It seems some of my keybindings are not activated for some
reason. From what I've read you must make sure that the
right keymap is selected. In my case this is 'viins'.
EDITOR is set to 'vim'.

Next I have a small file which is sourced from .zprofile,
in this file I have (among other stuff):

autoload -U history-search-end
zle -N history-beginning-search-backward-end history-search-end
zle -N history-beginning-search-forward-end history-search-end
bindkey -M vicmd "^[[A" history-beginning-search-backward-end
bindkey -M vicmd "^[[B" history-beginning-search-forward-end
bindkey -M viins "^[[A" history-beginning-search-backward-end
bindkey -M viins "^[[B" history-beginning-search-forward-end

I'm *sure* the file is sourced when I log in, because I tested
this with some echo's.

Now, when I open a new terminal:

% bindkey|grep history-beginning
<nothing>

% source .zsh/.zkeys
"^[[A" history-beginning-search-backward-end
"^[[B" history-beginning-search-forward-end

This also happens when .zkeys is sourced last in my .zprofile.

What I'm I doing wrong? Thanks for any pointers.

Kind regards,

--
 --Miek