Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
completion.so segfaulting - debugging options?
- X-seq: zsh-users 13827
- From: kba <unixprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: completion.so segfaulting - debugging options?
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 01:07:26 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject :message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition:user-agent; bh=sKniIPiHUt02UgyJUb9UJnfejix4E8plmYSUEbtZUfQ=; b=WNbQjtlt7TGMVecgAUZGCVXiPIAts8onpTh0yxNluWLwGIRlfN9DWAKMlThToMJUvk sD4y9wm+e3TM+iaAvPmA9ktDo4zgyXS9L/7Eqhb7syK9AOfNJb1TKilJzwKctuTNJymu PsAU0e+H2UX2GmVllvBIx3VXdlxi5md+v08+w=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:mime-version:content-type :content-disposition:user-agent; b=neTDLMIPMVBXIi7k8c6Gbf7G72ajmokcVZBdqzgfawqZrTCjQX8urgif7OXT6osKbB VOqOQhle8Viq8kJOB2Oj/hR9SNvKrmxhxvEIbJVAm5N6/c5BVgiINR8krWsjDhLJM12P peEEQA7zyWcMRDmWoqeQdJF3y6cDc5LOBTovc=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
hi zsh users,
I have recently been playing a lot with zsh's completion, adding
snippets from different sources and trying a lot of things. Now I do
have a very sophisticated (read: cluttered) completion setup, thank you
very much :-) Amazing software, really.
The problem is that somewhere in all the setopts and zstyles I have
introduced a bug that leads to zsh segfaulting during completion in
certain conditions I can't reproduce properly. I try to complete a path,
the colorized list of possibilities pops up, I press another key and zsh
quits and in /var/log/messages.log a line
> [13365.361881] zsh: segfault at 0000000c eip b7c83d1d esp bfde47f0 error 6
pops up. But not always and seemingly not always under the (seemingly)
Now I know, that this is no good bug reporting, so I wanted to know if
there are any options/settings I might try to narrow the problem down
myself and find the cause for it. Can the completion process be
traced/logged, a la "at this point we switch to list-mode, at this point
we switch to menu completion, at this point we segfault"?
Thanks a lot for any hint
Messages sorted by: