Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Please fix history-search-backward/forward
- X-seq: zsh-users 15339
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Please fix history-search-backward/forward
- Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 22:55:20 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=R6K9XOCvN3yEUkmZuiU/b8PgdhAU70Sh96yTuzXVEjE=; b=Q0ZjBVlEtI4tmsBfWlOtPhBRHjKkEY0cvvaUk8Ao3zJLsFDFt4DUwF9BGEBvDgMknV 1t8cSFBRA/A8KwRnmMRLg6RMvu2mThYtmIgQOJ9p9AS88wjdZ6pinGzM2BheT8ORw2CZ PcR1IoPkPzTIyUmiElr38ScEbKYlIUcc+dEOg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=cehrDDhbKMPcpDISCgjbL7cYcnXq8e2IFu/VDvc9fvd9Cgs1sib+180H3jyv3mr7dq zmfEy8TD6VsRmOhsKtPmdMBTr4oZilphd0PVhKN5e9r3MTC9dS0ss9KMvmXWarQYtAwX 2/yuQVewZCpHbcTBNPoeTu6ya8GVWrCnTl/ac=
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTikC=C6CD0ZEiuLP__rtS97ePhY_MkpgutnvkeS4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTikC=C6CD0ZEiuLP__rtS97ePhY_MkpgutnvkeS4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 28 August 2010 20:54, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> zle says:
> Search backward in the history for a line beginning with the first
> word in the buffer.
> GNU readline says:
> Search backward through the history for the string of characters
> between the start of the current line and the point.
> I don't see why anybody would want zle's behavior. When I type "git
> check<TAB>"; I expect the whole text to be searched; if I wanted only
> the first word, I would type only the first word "git <TAB>". There's
> absolutely no advantage of zle's way.
> Now, it possible to workaround that behavior through
> history-search-end. However, I would expect such basic
> functionality to be a one-liner configuration, or even better, just
> make zle's history-search-backward work like that by default.
> Moreover, it seems nobody has found necessary to workaround readline's
> behavior to mimic zle's behavior, and with good reason I think.
> This is a small issue, but it would improve the initial experience of
> people trying zsh.
>  http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/User-Contributions.html
I think you want history-beginning-search-backward/forward ? Changing
the effects of a widget is (and I think I can say this quite safely)
is not really an option.
Messages sorted by: