Re: PATH reordered when running zsh inside screen on Mac OS X Mountain Lion and MacPorts

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM, rahul <rahul2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> For some reason, my PATH is being reordered when running zsh 5.0.2

> I was having this problem a month or so back
> [...]
> I use zpresto.

I don’t, so it’s not that.

I figured out what the problem was.  /etc/zshenv on Mac OS X Mountain
Lion calls a utility called path_helper.  I for some reason only
checked /etc/profile.  I don’t quite see why MacPort’s zsh checks
/etc/zshenv instead of /opt/local/etc/zshenv (is this hard coded
behavior in Zsh?), but there you go.  Oh, and why /etc/zshenv in Mac
OS X Mountain Lion modifies path in this way is way beyond me.  In my
world, that’d go into /etc/zprofile.