Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Opening a new tab is awkwardly slow
- X-seq: zsh-users 18158
- From: Timo Sand <timo.j.sand@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Opening a new tab is awkwardly slow
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:18:50 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:cc :content-type; bh=vluSfmgre39ctE4rlhM56WTQ0LZeDX9FCDGCQuQPZ5Y=; b=xPdBjXPRPmiOQTAvb4QA6Kn2z7ViI9RVCeLxmvZnZgQvI0/P+PZLJEhi/R1JJca+gG mRPn61Eu4RjPmeQAtarDs7MTKxQZ9txTFehN6yvQpIeilUlI+7dCn7EjJ6QlFuxFpt1S n+HXJa3mBf6TRuLvZmkRH2+n+KDZFYeNgK0N2JJArMwyuDWEOAsrlB1RXATVFqCHHGvo geXGZrK9ybTYGJXd7Tpm04kD17Ph56BBcOsLkih6B+PVLGeNSHPa4pILtHZuaB9GLPr1 IPRRkoPHLsZM0rDAN/TRAoZABX7Zu4RdDpqARsjVWCXFbfpt6xZ8LWG5AJBLdmq7Nm6Q nSJQ==
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7YnQ1gMfVjydQfscJzv6qYymSZcUvT3MZFKB25U3sdx6w@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAMxBVSty0opsh0G=UuwfP_KFFKn=_ZnvKkOxO-uUiooNf6F59A@mail.gmail.com> <131119073326.ZM17938@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAMxBVSvDF=7Ca40SHoZdbyXchM4xM9S8KEBtozFFMV7wUkkM+A@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7YnQ1gMfVjydQfscJzv6qYymSZcUvT3MZFKB25U3sdx6w@mail.gmail.com>
Okay, so I removed nvm from initialization and put the `git config` in the
background (should really move it to once per desktop session, but haven't
got an idea yet as to how I'd do that).
Also I added timing to the xtrace.
The biggest timesink seems to be that my `.zprofile` gets loaded twice and
thus `rbenv init` runs twice, which is kind of slow. The next would be
`compdef/compaudit`, but I don't even know what to do about them.
On 19 November 2013 18:57, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Timo Sand <timo.j.sand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Here's the xtrace output https://gist.github.com/deiga/7547991
> > Not sure how to debug this, any help would be appreciated :)
> Well, to begin with, search for calls to the "git" and "nvm" functions.
> I only see one call to "git":
> +/Users/timosand/.zsh/system.zsh:9> git config --global
> credential.helper osxkeychain
> +git:0> hub config --global credential.helper osxkeychain
> I know OSX keychain operations can be really slow sometimes; you might
> want to consider doing that only once per desktop session rather than
> on every shell. Or put this in the background, if it's not directly
> modifying the current shell environment.
> The nvm activity seems to be from nvm.plugin.zsh, an oh-my-zsh module.
> The problem with using modular configuration systems like oh-my-zsh is
> that they encourage you to throw in all sorts of stuff that you might
> use only once in a blue moon, or to try things and then forget you
> have them enabled, so you're paying a continuous performance penalty
> for an occasional convenience. Part of the point of them being
> modular is that things can be easily unplugged, too ...
Messages sorted by: