Re: rsync --progress stops completion

On 09/18/2014 06:36 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>  - I don't follow how this is "heavy handed"; when the context parse
>    goes wrong (or intentionally fails), the completion has to fall back
>    on *something*.  What would you like that something to be, and how
>    would you like to tell the completion system about it, if not in the
>    completer zstyle?

I'll take rsync as an example here.

  $ rsync --unknown

will stop the completion entirely. Surely, with _files you can go on,
but I would like /--?.*/ to be simply treated as an unknown argument, so
that a further flag would properly complete as expected as if --unknown
was never there in the first place.