Re: GnuPG 2.1 with Git, problem in zsh, not in ksh

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 04:49:55PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Oct 28,  8:50pm, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> } Subject: Re: GnuPG 2.1 with Git, problem in zsh, not in ksh
> }
> } I dunno. I was playing around with qemu the other night, and I typed
> } "qemu-system-x86_64" followed by <space> and then <tab> and the shell
> } decided to execute the command (possibly in an attempt to figure out
> } its usage info somehow) which filled my terminal with all sorts of qemu
> } logging crap. Is that a side-effect of using "compinit"?
>
> Yes, that's a side-effect of using "compinit".  The completion function
> _qemu invokes "qemu -M \?" to get a list of machines you might want to
> run; "logging crap" is probably because the writer of _qemu neglected
> to redirect stderr of that command.

Ok, so that's a feature I'll be turning off then.  I prefer bog standard
command name and file name completion.

My initial problem was solved by setting $GPG_TTY anyway. Thanks!

Andreas

--
:: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, BILS,
:: Uppsala University, Sweden