Re: Permission denied - putting an aliases.zsh file and it being called from .zshrc

Op 23-12-16 om 21:47 schreef shirish शिरीष:
> at bottom :-
>
> On 24/12/2016, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>> Trying to source it though get permission denied messages -
>>
>> /home/shirish/.zsh $ source .zshrc
>> .zshrc:1: permission denied: /home/shirish/.zsh/aliases.zsh
>>
>> Why am I get permission denied messages ?
>>

> had forgotten to add executable right, now it all works, sorry folks... again.

Actually, 'source' and '.' do not require the file to have executable
permission. The problem is that you were executing the file instead of
sourcing it (which would have caused the aliases to be promptly
forgotten after executing). The line you want in ~/.zshrc is:

source ~/.zsh/aliases.zsh

- M.