Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Dynamic named directories and completion
- X-seq: zsh-users 23177
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Dynamic named directories and completion
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:08:21 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1519675704; bh=4lqmsTiiSKv3GiDGeTD7fgrTUGLcfxfslf9ot5IQWug=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-Reply-To:References; b=G1E8zazRr7ePzAAnSyRkchlCfhWFufr9XZoYnCQBcebqtCTLD2Vx7FHupHJR8aDQk 55XNysLSjt0z1euZHHCwHAe4ZdZl4nTE9HxiGr3+X5705WQ10OqM/VXNo6RNhmjsPz YG9bjJeuTVZ4jSbGLag/tcwwyfMeh9MVtxtRc+tuel3UtOAJmnQ0Wak/3AouJYIoyu 2dBGTy8An26jlEAdNjtUBDzKaXLZ6XaT2KkgAghaW6/92z8HW9Xa0NN8vhM/AKbIea oRCLhQOrIdRa0BBgLo0w2kbG28Sexa9dd/tSPEz/gklmxPwSMG0ZlzFKC8iYI2VcWo 0iGtO3SLGZY1w==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CGME20180226135458epcas2p2a2420b54f4d0a36357a655e31497ec85@epcas2p2.samsung.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:44:14 -0500
Scott Frazer <frazer.scott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This plus the small patch you sent earlier for _expand works, thanks!
I've pushed that as is. Whether or not tilde forms are expanded are
already configurable --- setting the accept-exact style in the
completer's context would control this.
(Off topic, but I'm not 100% convinced that the REC_EXACT shell option
should have that effect in this completer, as it currently does, since
it's a rather gross and uncontrllable setting that wasn't really
intended for expansion. But I think all its uses are usurped by the
accept-exact style in the completion system anyway, so probably no big
> I feel like expand-or-complete should work too, but as long as the
> _expand patch makes it into the final code I'm happy.
Yes, me too, particularly now Mikael has pointed out ^X*: I'll look
at this separately.
Messages sorted by: