Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Unable to build zsh with pcre on Mac Homebrew
- X-seq: zsh-users 23823
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Unable to build zsh with pcre on Mac Homebrew
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 15:41:54 +0000
- Cms-type: 201P
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailout2.w1.samsung.com 20190107154156euoutp020112ffb8c29ea13af5c9adfaf676c73b~3m0TT6-wH0527505275euoutp02c
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=samsung.com; s=mail20170921; t=1546875716; bh=pfqlOubxr2PrgeTdp1O3FPUyJ2gSur1GKWUCVyRCbHg=; h=Subject:From:To:Date:In-Reply-To:References:From; b=P6QA/0HAwrphFkQilRvFKR9QWlk3KKzxzhrn4GAXhHsW9nS4nSZwAtIEZtdGmwHxA A1uVus02PLXzBJeAHI2qkO7caP/Dnm4eOh5X7pKfldIbVtEs3ocfGIVoqFgProcWPV l54KESiR3F4Bs1MdBK3tSiTiu60oprR0FmlzInEg=
- In-reply-to: <CABZhJg-+x6P1VRO5VZEX48NSRO18V6u_Damx_YXHxiv3p66Aemail@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CGME20190107135447epcas1p1ef8a8e73868d1d86f95e75acc64f7a4b@epcas1p1.samsung.com> <CABZhJg-rBPx1C-GH+2TACpm5e_aUz0V45DiBHAY-5ar6EWkugQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CABZhJg-+x6P1VRO5VZEX48NSRO18V6u_Damx_YXHxiv3p66Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2019-01-07 at 16:18 +0100, Jesper Nygårds wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 3:46 PM Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > You'll need to look in confg.log to see what it's actually compiling.
> > That should show the -I and -L options being applied to the tests (if
> > I've interpreted what goes to config.log correctly).
> I see the following, is that of any help?
That's for you to decide. You say you've done something (you haven't
told us what) that you think will make it work. Presumably that means
you think you've somewhere added in the library information for pcre?
It's not showing up in the output shown below, which suggests it's not
in the LIBS shell variable in configure at that point.
I would expect you to end up with something along the lines of
./configure --enable-libs="-L/path/to/libs -lpcre" --enable-cppflags="-I/path/to/headers"
plus whatever else you're specifying. This is the stuff that
pcre-config would add for you if it was present, but I don't think the
lack of it should be a problem if you know the paths.
I'm answering this from the generic configuration point of view rather
than antything specific to MacOS, obviously.
> configure:8340: checking for pcre_compile
> configure:8340: clang -o conftest -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -Wl,-x
> conftest.c -lgdbm -liconv -ldl -lncursesw -lm -lc >&5
> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
> "_pcre_compile", referenced from:
> _main in conftest-4c943a.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> configure:8340: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
Messages sorted by: