Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Unable to build zsh with pcre on Mac Homebrew
- X-seq: zsh-users 23824
- From: Jesper Nygårds <jesper.nygards@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Unable to build zsh with pcre on Mac Homebrew
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 20:37:14 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=mk/geEmiHGSX+R18JGwotYolyPV8dI3aqBo9KPeskfo=; b=K46Z5kAm3jveX7KJEKVSczwwQKvrUtlX5ifu89EDofUdHhia1sSerDPABjMHxAW05Q 3T1zlNuUdsNNr8Q/DMGOmr3zIjCqskJWGiAnbgwsqvuLJE1EneMvo0aedtsRr5mSrjfW GbuQl5kzkBMjofgRfPrlkBbAkQGGk5FGY5zoMJzfBArjIqkPu7rytmAAHmotpmtpMNdQ j7OzjqK6w2qgy/2fpb/+WLM1oro1iZgh48HHNM1vHXVHh8GVxHrKa5VggB+WKx68p0uo dtND+3YI9LZpnNvDr2iqYcOkLhLCNO0Z/pBG6MlrO/AcP8RJ+fs6pyMPxLpC351bZX10 52eA==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CGME20190107135447epcas1p1ef8a8e73868d1d86f95e75acc64f7a4b@epcas1p1.samsung.com> <CABZhJg-rBPx1C-GH+2TACpm5e_aUz0V45DiBHAY-5ar6EWkugQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CABZhJg-+x6P1VRO5VZEX48NSRO18V6u_Damx_YXHxiv3p66Afirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 4:43 PM Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> That's for you to decide. You say you've done something (you haven't
> told us what) that you think will make it work. Presumably that means
> you think you've somewhere added in the library information for pcre?
> It's not showing up in the output shown below, which suggests it's not
> in the LIBS shell variable in configure at that point.
Sorry for the badly specified questions, Peter: it was more out of
ignorance than lack of care: I had not figured out how the homebrew formula
ran the configure script. Your help set me on the right path, however, and
I have solved the problem. Thank you!
For anyone else having this particular problem, a recapitulation: homebrew
recently decided to not allow install options for their core packages. That
means that pcre support is no longer available as an install option for
zsh. One thus has to modify the zsh formula and then install zsh from
source to include pcre. Here are the steps:
- "brew edit zsh". Add the lines: ' depends_on "pcre" ' and '
"--enable-pcre", ' to the formula. It should be obvious where they fit.
- "brew remove zsh"
- "brew install --build-from-source zsh"
Messages sorted by: