Re: TRAPINT doesn't work reliably

On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 16:25 +0000, Dennis Schwartz wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 4:01 PM, Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I run valgrind on zsh and captured the error. Unfortunately, I am
> inexperienced with C programming so I do not know how to interpret the
> output. I've copied the part of the output that I believed is relevant
> below. Please let me know if I could help in debugging it further.

Unforutnately, you haven't got debug symbols in the installed zsh, so
it's not showing much of interest --- though it does certainly suggest
something is up.

> > I'd also suggest trying the latest firmware from git or sourceforge,
> > since there have been some memory fixes (and a release is probably
> > overdue).
> I haven't tried compiling from the latest source code yet. If this is
> desired I could try this again at a later point in time.

I suspect that's going to have to be the next step, if you get the
chance.  In the top-level directory, run configure as

./configure --enable-zsh-debug

and then "make", and that should give you an installable executable that
gives useful debug information ("sudo make install" will put zsh in
/usr/local/bin; you can remove anything it installs in /usr/local later).

Thanks for the assistance
pws