Re: Several modules can only be used dynamically?

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 8:18 AM Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 08:12 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Isn't the "approved" way to do this, to edit config.modules and change
> > the link= value for any modules that can/should be static?
>
> Yes, that's neater; just make sure you rebuild from early enough
> in the process --- the instructions say "make prep."

In my experience this isn't necessary - the make dependencies may have been
updated since the instructions were last revised.  I change config.modules
and then "make" fairly regularly when working on Zsh edits and have not
observed it to go wrong.

But nobody's actually looking.

Quick, what's that over there?