Re: emulate bash key bindings

On 09.01.2020 01:23, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
Roman Perepelitsa wrote on Wed, 08 Jan 2020 22:03 +00:00:
On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:57 PM Andrey Butirsky <butirsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But binding with dot-prefixed widget names seem the most compact
solution for me: "bindkey '^w' .backward-kill-word", thanks!
Keep in mind that binding dot-prefixed widget names breaks plugins
that wrap widgets. Includes the most useful plugins out there such as
zsh-syntax-highlighting and zsh-autosuggestions. It also breaks many
themes including powerlevel10k.
That's true for z-sy-h's master branch, but with the feature/redrawhook
branch (due to be merged after 0.7.0's release) highlighting will be
refreshed even by invocations of dot-prefixed widgets.

Cheers,

Daniel

Sorry I'm not using any plugins yet so can't try, could you explain how binding dot-prefixed widget in my case can break something? Is it mentioned in the documentation?