Re: emulate bash key bindings

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 1:07 AM Andrey Butirsky <butirsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry I'm not using any plugins yet so can't try, could you explain how
> binding dot-prefixed widget in my case can break something?

As long as nothing in your config files attempts to intercept zle
widgets, binding dot-prefixed widget will work fine.

> Is it mentioned in the documentation?

There is this:

> Each built-in widget has two names: its normal canonical name, and
> the same name preceded by a ‘.’. The ‘.’ name is special: it can’t
> be rebound to a different widget.

If you bind '^W' to '.backward-kill-word', Ctrl+W will always invoke
the built-in backward-kill-word widget. Plugins that attempt to
install their hooks by redefining backward-kill-word will fail to do
so in this case.

Roman.