Re: Fwd: more splitting travails

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 9:33 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yesss.  When it's captured as one element I see the newlines because are all there in the single element! ... it looks split but it isn't !!

A reminder: https://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2023/msg00444.html

Forgetting basic tools that you can use to understand your own code is
making your life a lot more difficult than it could otherwise be. It
might be a good idea to print it on a piece of paper and stick to a
wall. Or find some other way to stop stepping on the same rake over
and over.

Roman.