Re: Slurping a file

hello,

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 10:29:16AM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:
>     MUA ?

I was asking if the M in the message from Ray was meant to be MUA.

> programs like mutt, ELM, MH, /bin/mail or Mail/mailx. O course for
> many of us our MUA is not a standalone program but a web app running
> in a browser (e.g.  GMail), but that still counts.

I really don't think so:

* webmail are really painful to use and lack a lot of features
  available from a classic MUA. I personally still use mutt
  (with vim as editor and maildir-utils to index and search)
  just because the "modern" replacements are far to provide all
  the things I found valuable when writting mail.
* I just wrote a script to show the main MUA used by the authors
  of the messages to the list I haven't deleted. the result is:

	1 822_dng.
	1 Cyrus-JMAP
	1 Evolution
	1 ForteAgent
	1 K-9
	6 Mozilla
	2 Mutt

I don't know 822_dng so I remove it from the list. so according to
my very short pannel, only 1/12th of us is using a webmail.

humanity isn't that screwed after all :)

regards,
marc

--
Marc Chantreux
Pôle CESAR (Calcul et services avancés à la recherche)