Re: Empty element elision and associative arrays (was Re: Slurping a file)

On 2024-01-18 08:20, Mark J. Reed wrote:

Even if it were changed such that it started to do so as of 6.0 or whatever, you'd still have to write code to check the version

I'm not qualified to disagree with that, still I'm curious: if the arrays were sorted (alphabetical is perhaps 'obvious') what could that ever break?  Since the order now is indeterminate, who/what would ever actually rely on that?  As if the order were depended on to be random.  Really?  So if they were sorted, who would know or care *unless* the decided to take advantage of it?  Seems to me to be the sort of thing that can't possibly have any gotchas.