Re: /proc slows % echo /**/*/etc/r*(/N)

On 2024-01-21 13:48, Bart Schaefer wrote:
This is a situation wherein zsh can tell that it's not able to
allocate memory, so it just stops trying without crashing.  If it had
crashed you'd have got nothing back and probably lost your shell
session.

Yeah, I think I'm using the word too loosely.  Shouldn't there be an error msg in such cases? I don't think my abuse happens very often, still I had thought she had finished what she was doing.  Some message would have alerted me to the reality of the loop.