Re: build from source

On 2024-02-03 14:27, Bart Schaefer wrote:
That would be from your OS distribution zsh package.

Right, I know these paths vary between distros, not zsh's problem.

The default install path for packages NOT provided by the OS vendor is
under /usr/local, yes.
Ok, so it's not an issue that distro info and user installed info are in different places.  No problem to solve.
... shows 5.9 version.  Funny thing is that 'dir' in '/usr/share/info'
has been updated so it would seem that it's anticipating an update to
the main info tree, but all the files are old.  Is there a manual fix
for this?
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InfoPath

The "info" program should recognize the equivalent.

Tx.  Sounds like a nothing burger all round.

So the remaining questions are whether it's safe to run a dev build within a stock 5.9 -- Lawrence seems to say so -- or whether to fret about dependencies or no need.  And what's the git command to grab the latest and build it?  I trust it will be simpler than installing from scratch.