Re: external completion command

Hi all,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 5:25 PM Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 19, 2024, at 5:14 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 12:44 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Bart, how does one search the archives?
>
> Unfortunately search capability has not yet been restored on zsh.org
>
> If anyone knows of a searchable mirror now that gmane.org is gone,
> please speak up.

The Mail Archive seems relatively popular.

https://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#newlist
https://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#import

We're not on there currently, but I'd be happy to work on setting
it up, if we deem it suitable.

Looked  at the links and noticed a few things. It's noted that attachments like
images and other LARGE attachments are unlikely to be archived, which may
not be an issue for attached patches depending on what they consider LARGE.
But they also indicated that in the future maybe no attachments would be
archived.

I also looked at a couple of archives and noticed that email headers are missing.
The site notes "raw" emails are not web accessible. Apparently this is done
to prevent address harvesting.  The one header item that I assume should be
displayed is X-Seq since this is used as a reference for things like commits.
Couldn't find if this could be configured.

Just thought I would mention it.

Regards,

Jim Murphy