Re: Why would I use .namespace.myvar?

On 2024-03-10 15:45, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2024, at 6:16 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
BTW interesting
to learn that ksh is still in active development, I thought it was on
ice, like bash.
Neither is "on ice".  Both are quite active.
Not that I'm in the loop, but I recall some time back, there was an exploit in bash and the talk was that there was no one available to fix it.  Then I heard that bash development was down to one guy, namely Chet.  Mind ... looking at your link, it seems he's quite active, so thereyago.  Thanks.  It's healthy.  I know zsh has taken huge inspiration from ksh, so having those dudes 'competing' is good for everybody.

https://github.com/ksh93/ksh/commits/dev/
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bash.git/log/?h=devel