Re: TCCLEAREOD in zle_refresh.c/refresh()

>From article 753 (and 756):
:In beta13 this function contains these lines:
:        if (!clearflag)
:            if (tccan(TCCLEAREOD))
:                tcout(TCCLEAREOD);
:            else
:                cleareol = 1;   /* set */
:The effect is to have every prompt clear to the end of screen.  That
:causes display glitches under several terminal emulators with scroll-back
:buffers.   I replaced the TCCLEAREOD with TCCLEAREOL which fixes that
:problem without any apparent unwelcome side-effects.
:
:But then I'm not an expert on this section of the code, so maybe there is
:a good, non-obvious reason that this has to be TCCLEAREOD ?  Unless there
:is an outcry of complaint, I'll submit a two-line patch in a few days.

Not a good idea, and it should remain CLEAREOD.  If you can't handle
CLEAREOD because it affects your scrollback, one option may be to
disable it in your termcap/terminfo.  Most other things that need to clear
the screen will use a different terminal capability.