Re: Problem w/zsh-2.6-beta13-hzoli13 as login shell (fixed)

Zoltan> Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this.  I tried it on 1.3.71
Zoltan> with libc-5.2.18 and libc-5.3.3, with ncurses and with termcap
Zoltan> with sr-bugfixed gcc-2.7.2.

Danek> Looks like the problem was my using libc-5.0.9.  I just upgraded to
Danek> libc-5.2.18, and the problem vanished, along with problems with some
Danek> other programs (interestingly, the common link seems to have been the
Danek> use of ncurses-1.9.8a....).

Danek> Sorry to waste your time on that one. <sigh>

Danek> One other problem/feature I noticed -- hzoli13 doesn't like to use =1,
Danek> =2, etc as identifiers to directories on the stack as I'm used to from
Danek> older versions.  Is this now not allowed, and ~1, ~2, etc preferred?
Danek> If so, I'd like to suggest a return to the =-style of referring to the
Danek> directory stack.

You may still have trouble if you're compiling with gcc 2.7 and not
using -fno-strength-reduce or not using gcc 2.7.2 no-srbug.  The
strength reduction optimization bug in gcc 2.7 definitely zaps zsh.

--
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.