Re: zsh-2.6-beta14 on AIX with login shell problem

> I wonder if there are any other AIX 3.2 users out there who've tried
> the beta.  If so, please chime in.  I'd really like to solve this.

Well, I can use the beta on AIX but not without AIX specific hacks:

egervary ~/zsh.egervary/Src % uname -a
AIX egervary 2 3 000012967600
egervary ~/zsh.egervary/Src % echo $ZSH_VERSION
2.6-beta13-hzoli13

And my .zshrc contains this:

case "$OSTYPE" in
    aix*)
        if [[ "$TERM" = xterm* && "$#TERMCAP" -lt 100 ]] then
                unset TERMCAP
                TERM=xterm
                unsetopt singlelinezle
        fi
        ;;
[...]

So the problem is that the TERMCAP variable contains some unusable
information.  This problem is not specific to zsh.  We had problems with
other applications as well (but I know no morw details).  I'm not at all
sure that this problem will be fixed in the next stable release.

The most perfect solution is avoiding AIX :-).  We have 7 different Unix
flavours here so anyone can choose.  There are a lot of troubles with AIX
and this TERMCAP anomaly is only the smallest one.

Bye,

Zoltan