Re: kill-word & friends in ZLE

    >> It is quite irritating for me that in zsh's Emacs mode
    >> functions like backward-kill-word and similar behave in a
    >> different fashion. Examples:
    >>
    >> fly% cd /usr/local/lib/gwembljh[Esc-Backspace]
    >>
    >> and everything is erased, instead of just gwembljh.

I've had this problem ever since switching to zsh and I never really
complained about it.  But it is a big complaint of mine.

    Zefram> The vi word functions (vi-{for,back}ward-word, etc.) are
    Zefram> more like what you want.  Or you could just modify
    Zefram> WORDCHARS in your .zshrc.

I tried setting the following in zsh (beta17) and it had no effect:

Do you have any hints?  I feel that the default behavior should work
like emacs or ksh using emacs mode.  Meaning if you do
[Escape-Backspace] on something which has slashes in it (which I would do
all the time on pathnames that I mess up in typing) it should kill
only back to the next slash.

Mike