Re: big key binding patch

Zefram writes:
>Just to reiterate what I said yesterday, we should *not* use the patch
>to bind the ANSI arrow key sequences in vi insert mode.  It is completely
>the wrong thing to do, and actually causes more problems.

I'm curious.... why?  And what happens if you bind them using bindkey?
Can we use other ESC-prefixed bindings in vi-insert mode?

My version of vi ("nvi 1.34") allows me to use the cursor keys during
insert mode - with the obvious bindings: (output of :map!)

  ^[OA  ^[ka  cursor up
  ^[OB  ^[ja  cursor down
  ^[OC  ^[la  cursor right
  ^[OD  ^[ha  cursor left