Re: Current state of 3.1.2

wjf103@xxxxxxxxxx said:
> Does anyone have a 'clean' version of zsh 3.1.2 with all the
> 'official' patches applied? I have had problems with my email and
> missed many patches.

Is there such a thing as an official patch?  This would be really useful,
though.  Perhaps keep the zsh-RCS.tar.gz up to date, assuming Zoltan has such
a thing himself?  (With the caveat that sometimes this would be broken, but
hackers can live with that.)  Or use some kind of distributed CVS setup, as
some projects are said to do, where a select group has modify access, but the
rest of us just get to watch; that's probably more effort than it's worth,
though.

Perhaps there could be some way of archiving just the patches posted to
zsh-workers, in an order that they could be applied to the latest test
version? This would typically just involve those sending patches to put an
indication in the header of their mail ("Subject: PATCH ...", or something),
with the occasional intervention needed when people supply incompatible
patches.

zsh-workers is archived, of course, but last time I tried, it was non-trivial
to find the patches.