Re: zsh-3.1.2-zefram3

Bruce Stephens wrote:
>And indeed, the line is illegal:
>
>            *[^_0-9A-Za-z]*@*)

Damn.  I'm usually pretty good at writing portable sh code; I didn't
realise this construct would be a problem.

>Presumably it should be *[!_0-9A-Za-z]*@*)

That won't work everywhere either.

>Correcting this leads to numerous errors in Src/mkmakemod.sh, starting with
>Src/../Src/mkmakemod.sh: syntax error at line 238: `(' unexpected

That's clever -- the ( is quoted.  There must have been a quoting
confusion earlier.

>Nor does zsh seem happy to run the scripts.  I tried changing SHELL to
>/tmp/sh, and creating a symbolic link to an older zsh, but that gave much the
>same errors.

The scripts were actually developed on a system using zsh-3.1.2 as sh,
and it also works for me using zsh-3.0.5.  Which version did it fail on?

>          It needs fixing up for a proper release.

That it does.  I'll have another go at the scripts, but unfortunately
my choice of shells is limited to zsh, bash, pdksh and ash, so more wide
testing will be required.  But that's what the 3.1 branch is for.

-zefram